As the world faces a global health emergency from Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to share with you the actions we are taking to support the health and well-being of our youth and staff, in addition to our donors and volunteers at Covenant House Texas. Effective immediately, we have:
- closed our campus to external visitors. We have cancelled all volunteer-led activities and will delay donor visits for the foreseeable future.
- cleaning and disinfection of the Covenant House Texas campus. We are sanitizing our residential and program locations several times a day.
- implemented an emergency preparedness plan that addresses youth and staff safety, communications, facilities, program disruption, supplies, and resources
- set aside quarantine spaces in our Safe Haven and Rights of Passage programs in the event that a Covenant House Texas youth manifests COVID-19. The Youth Engagement Center has also been closed to create a prepared space for several youth patients to remained isolated while receiving care.
- encouraged all youth residents to remain on campus as much as possible, practicing social distancing at all times of the day.
- put in place a remote work policy for the majority of our administrative staff to minimize the potential spread of the virus.
Together we will face many challenges ahead; nevertheless, the health, safety and wellness of our young people remains our first and top priority. Our young people are particularly vulnerable, not only to this new virus, but to so many other chronic health conditions, both physical and mental.
It is our privilege to serve youth and our community, and we will continue to do so with our donors and supporters at our side. If you are interested in how you can help support our vulnerable population during this time, please contact Felicia Broussard at email@example.com 919-395-3336
You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers; please keep us in yours. Thank you for your continued support of Covenant House Texas.